Booking.com, part of Priceline.com listed in NASDAQ, is a market leader in online hotel reservations in Europe. Since 1996 our Finance Team has expanded to more than 200 financial professionals, mostly based in Amsterdam, the company's global headquarters. We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength and is what drives us towards outstanding performance.
Does a successful career to you mean challenges and delivering results?
We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance orientated. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work.
If you would like to be part of a truly international company and finance team, if you think you can make a difference, have a closer look at this job opening.
In this role you are part of a dynamic and fast-paced team and will report directly to the Director Financial Planning & Analysis of Booking.com. You will be working in our headquarters in Amsterdam.
You will be responsible for the forecasting, analyzing and reporting of Booking.com revenues, expenses, cash flow and KPI’s for multiple countries. You will also be responsible for reporting and actioning of budget and yr/yr variances for those countries and conducting ad-hoc analyses for the total company as needed.
You will have interaction with senior management, international business managers and finance colleagues on a regular basis.
You will also be responsible for producing regular reports for our parent company Priceline.com Inc. (NASDAQ: PCLN) in the United States.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role will evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and challenge yourself to take on additional projects and responsibilities as they present themselves.
- Assist with business planning, financial forecasting, target setting, variance analysis and reporting of revenues, expenses and headcount for multiple countries;
- Identify and analyze reporting variances versus forecast;
- Communicate proactively with managers in international markets to understand market/business trends;
- Assist with preparing overall Company monthly/quarterly/annual budgets/forecasts/estimates;
- Assist with monitoring and reporting variances versus budgets and yr/ye on a regular basis;
- Assist with preparing financial models to support business development and decision making;
- Work with accounting and business teams to accurately report results and analysis to senior management and parent company Priceline.com Inc.;
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, scenarios and benchmarking as needed and contribute to new business/expansion/cost control projects and process improvement as and when business requires.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Finance, or other related field;
- 3-4 years experience in a similar role;
- Commercial attitude;
- Financial modeling and analytical skills;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel;
- Knowledge of financial systems e.g. SAP and Hyperion;
- Knowledge of SQL, data mining and Microsoft VBA is preferred;
- Able to recognize errors in own work and that of others;
- Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines, and comfortable working in a quick turnaround environment, while maintaining accuracy;
- Ability to be a reliable, hands-on deliverer of quality results;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English (and preferably another language);
- Strong team-working skills with ability to work independently;
- Comfortable working in cross-functional teams and working in an unstructured environment;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion;
- Attention to detail;
- Organized, proactive and results oriented;
- Ability to have good grasp of the detail while understanding the “big picture”.
Look at all jobs of: Booking.com